Bangalore started getting strangulated in the ’90s. Once a sleepy hamlet, not exactly known for industry or innovation, but surely the finest town in India was known for its picture post card greenery, fresh air and mint cool weather.
Between 1970 and 2000 Bangalore population exploded. From 1.7 Million in 1970 to 5.0 Million in 2000. In 2011, hold your breath, it is almost 10 Million. Add to this human zoo, an astounding 5 Million vehicles of all sizes and shapes, belching poisonous fumes.
Bangalore’s arteries are choking with humans, vehicles, garbage, stray dogs, ….
- Bangalore has the highest number of 2-wheelers in the world.
- Bangalore has the highest number of pubs in India.
- Bangalore has the highest number of public sectors and government organisations in India.
- Bangalore has the highest density of traffic in the world.
- Bangalore has the highest number of Anglo-Indians in India.
- Bangalore was the first city in India to receive electricity.
- Bangalore has produced the highest number of professionals in USA – almost 60% of Indian population abroad are from Bangalore.
- Bangalore was founded in 2nd Century and still has the same infrastructure drainage & sanitary systems – the oldest in the world.